We present the FERMIN (Factual Executive Report of a Monitored IP Network) system for automatic reporting, whose design philosophy was to provide the network manager with a relevant report about the most interesting events in the least possible processing time, and with limited processing requirements. This novel traffic analysis solution for the generation of automated reports is aimed at improving proactive traffic monitoring in large IT infrastructures.
- Risk assessment as a long-term proactive activity based on a macroscopic analysis of traffic and logs.
- In our view, automatic traffic analysis systems must be agile in data processing and unequivocally informative of problem symptoms.
- Generation of automated reports aimed to improve the traffic monitoring in large IT infrastructures.
- Feed back the IT manager with a relevant briefing of the most abnormal and interesting events.
- Such information allows the IT manager to troubleshoot and roll out corrective measures in the traffic monitoring tools and alarm systems.
- Topology analysis of both MAC, IP, NAT, load balancers, HTTP.
- Red Amber Green (RAG) analysis for servers of different protocols (TCP, DNS, etc.), identifying potential servers suffering bottlenecks.
- Burst analysis, which serves to identify bursts that may affect network performance, along with their candidate root cause.
- Support for multiple protocols and packet types: ARP, MAC, IP, UDP, TCP, DNS, HTTP, RTP, SIP, NETFLOW.
- Support for different output format: Interactive Web, PDF, Docx, CSV.
- Carlos Vega Moreno,
- Guillermo Julián Moreno,
- Eduardo Miravalls Sierra
- David Moreno Maldonado
- Jose Ignacio Gomez Garcia
Some of our corporate clients:
Example of Interactive Web Report:
Example of Technical PDF Report:
Example of Executive PDF Report: